- Work starts Thursday, and I am ready to get started. A month of vacation and work-free days (9 to 5 workdays at least, curse you dissertation) was great, but there is definitely such a thing as having too much free time all at once. Just have to break the news to the pup now…
- DIY was big for me this month. One of my new year’s resolutions was to make more of our food from scratch, and I have been doing just that. So far we are using homemade BBQ sauce, enchilada sauce, croissants, bread*, ranch dressing, and granola bars.
- Exploring St. Louis has been fun and delicious this month.
- Free HBO Go has been a lifesaver being home alone all month. So much binge watching.
- Young adult books are another godsend for quick, easy, and enjoyable reading. An Ember in the Ashes was my particular favorite this past month.
- Bonus: My mom can up to the Lou (is that how you spell it?) aka STL for a few days to have fun with me before I start work.
*mostly. sometimes a loaf of french bread just speaks to me at the grocery store. And sometimes my homemade bread just does rise right!